An activity holiday at We Are Adventures could last a day, a week or for the entire summer!
Our holiday clubs are held in beautiful wooded areas around Greater Manchester, and are packed full of exciting and engaging activities that are designed to foster a love of adventure in the natural world.
We offer a day camp, where our junior adventurers enjoy a full programme of exciting activities and new experiences in a natural learning environment. We even throw in lunch!
Our goal is to give children access to the outdoors, where they will enjoy a more active and exciting experience during their time off from school. We know this also supports parents, guardians and carers at school holiday time too by providing safe and fully certified wrap-around care that is exciting and fun.
The We Are Adventurers activity holidays run in February half term, Easter, the main summer holidays and October half term. The days are from 9am – 4.30pm, with an option for early morning drop off and late pick up.
Alongside plenty of opportunities for outdoor learning, our adventurers make new friends and learn important life skills that will make lasting memories of a childhood filled with adventure.
Every day promises something different. There is a range of skills based, creative thinking and team building activities on offer, including nature exploration and observation, building shelters, camps and outdoor games and challenges.
You could be taking aim with a bow and arrow, learning how to tie knots for a treehouse, purifying rainwater to drink, cooking over a campfire or going on a magical scavenger hunt to make a potion of leaves, twigs and berries.
We firmly believe that spending time in nature and the outdoors has multiple benefits for kids, including improved physical health and fitness, a chance to try out something new, a great way to unplug and recharge and improved mental health and well-being.
Our holiday clubs are led by experienced and passionate instructors who are dedicated to providing a safe, fun, and enriching experience for each individual child. We tailor each day’s activities to the interests and abilities of the children in our care.
If you’re looking to book a truly enriching and memorable experience for your kids during the school holidays, we invite you to check out We Are Adventurers Forest School’s holiday club. It’s an experience that they’ll never forget!
Our team look forward to exploring the woods with you.
What are the benefits of an activity holidays with kids?
We Are Adventurers understand the benefits that we all receive from being outdoors, these include:
- Improved physical health and fitness: Participating in outdoor activities can help to improve the physical health and fitness levels of children, as well as reduce stress and improve overall well-being.
- A chance to try something new: An activity holiday is a great opportunity to try out new forest school activities, have exciting adventures and engage in challenges they might not have had the chance to do before.
- An opportunity to disconnect from technology and the stress of daily life: all of our activity holidays take place in beautiful, natural settings that are free from the distractions and stresses of modern life. This can be a great way for kids to unplug and recharge.
- The chance to meet new people and make new friends: An activity holiday is a great way to meet new children who share similar interests and passions. This can be a fun and rewarding experience, and can help to broaden a child’s social circle and develop their social skills.
- Improved mental health and well-being: Participating in outdoor activities and spending time in nature has been shown to have numerous mental health benefits. An activity holiday can be a great way to improve your overall mental health and well-being.
Activities we offer at We Are Adventurers holiday clubs
Each activity holiday is different, our experienced instructors tailor each day to the interests, needs and ability levels of the children who are taking part. There is a range of skills based, creative thinking and team building activities on offer, some of the exciting stuff we cover includes:
- Nature exploration and observation: Learn about different plants, animals, and other aspects of the natural environment through hands-on exploration and observation.
- Building shelters, camps and erecting tents: Learn basic survival skills by building shelters and camps in the woods.
- Outdoor cooking and food preparation: Learn how to cook and prepare food using natural ingredients and traditional methods.
- Nature art and crafts: Express creativity and connect with nature through art and craft projects.
- Outdoor games and challenges: accessible outdoor activities for all children to enjoy active, fun, and challenging activities that promote teamwork and co-operation.
Book early onto one of our adventure holiday clubs early to avoid disappointment!
Our team looks forward to exploring the woods with you!